Planning, executing and managing decommissioning projects in the North Sea
About the course
This course provides delegates with a technical awareness of the approaches, issues and challenges associated with decommissioning in the North Sea.
Detailing the complete decommissioning process from beginning to end, this course will cover planning activities and considerations, well plugging and abandonment activities, approaches to the decommissioning of structures and pipelines and the associated onshore activities. In addition, given the current climate and the need to reduce the taxpayer contribution to decommissioning, innovation leading to cost saving approaches to decommissioning in this region will be considered and discussed.
Delivered by an experienced facilitator, this course is suitable for anyone working in or interested in the decommissioning sector, and will develop your knowledge of the various stages of a decommissioning project and what is involved, including the applicable regulations and legislation.
Book by 2nd April to guarantee your place on the April course!
- Obtain the knowledge necessary for project readiness, enhancing your company’s ability to deliver successful decommissioning results
- Gain an overview of North Sea decommissioning and an understanding of the applicable regulations and legislation in the region
- Develop an appreciation of the key considerations to be made at each stage of a decommissioning project, including the planning process and the submission of the required documentation prior to commencement of the execution phase
- Appreciate the benefits of collaboration and campaigning for your decommissioning projects, understand how collaboration can be applied and controlled throughout the project in accordance with BS 11000, and be able to identify potential pitfalls and the means of avoiding them
- Understand the methodologies currently adopted for well plugging and abandonment and the decommissioning of offshore structures and pipelines
- Gain an insight into emerging and transferable technologies, innovations and developments that could improve process efficiency and safety whilst reducing the costs associated with the decommissioning process